Dr. Lisa Belisle talks about the ethos of a neighborhood restaurant and giving back to the community with Birch Shambaugh, owner of Woodford Food & Beverage in Portland, and seventh-generation farmer John Weston, owner of Weston Farm in Fryeburg.
In the first half of the show, Dr. Lisa Belisle speaks with Mitchell Lench, founder of Treetops Capital, which invests in sustainable agriculture and aquaculture businesses in Maine. In the second half, she interviews Jessie Dowling, owner of Fuzzy Udder Creamery and president of the Maine Cheese Guild, and Sam May, advisory board chair at the Maine Harvest Credit Project.
In our New Year’s episode, we feature Shay Stewart-Bouley, creator of Black Girl in Maine Media and executive director of the anti-racism organization, Community Change Inc. In the second half of the episode, Dr. Lisa Belisle speaks with Laura and Malcolm Gauld, president and executive chairman of the Hyde School respectively and co-authors of The Biggest Job We’ll Ever Have.
- Love Maine Radio #331: Birch Shambaugh and John Weston
- Love Maine Radio #330: Mitchell Lench and Jessie Dowling + Sam May
- Love Maine Radio #329: Al Miller and Lauren Wayne
- Love Maine Radio #328: Shay Stewart-Bouley and Laura + Malcolm Gauld
- Love Maine Radio #327: Rob Whitten + Todd Richardson and Russ Doucette + Teresa Simpson
- Love Maine Radio #326: Kevin Browne + Sarah Kelly and Leah Robert
- Love Maine Radio #325: Barrett Takesian + Vanessa Seder
- Love Maine Radio #323: Leigh Kellis + Sal Scaglione and Dana Heacock
- Love Maine Radio #322: Shane Diamond and Alison Beyea
What does it mean to lose one’s mind? To become someone unrecognizable to our loved ones and peers? Today’s guests, unfortunately, have witnessed this scenario firsthand. They have seen family members transformed by the brain illness Alzheimer’s. As individuals who have relied heavily on their own brains in creating a livelihood for themselves, they offer compelling perspectives on what it…
The Dalai Lama once said: “The only true guardian of peace lies within: a sense of concern and responsibility for your own future and an altruistic concern for the well-being of others.” The guests on today’s show include individuals who fulfill these criteria and are true guardians of peace: Maine’s former Senator George Mitchell, Meg Baxter, President & CEO, Mitchell…