Maine Small Businesses: How To Help
While no one in our state has been left unaffected by the novel coronavirus, it is clear that small businesses and restaurants are feeling the struggle especially right now. Pay It Forward Maine was started by the Portland Regional Chamber and its partners as a collaborative community measure. The site contains an ever-growing library of ideals, tools, and resources to support Maine businesses, organizations, and each other during this pandemic. In addition to providing assistance to the businesses themselves, it helps those of us in Maine and all over the country support the companies we love. Gift cards, online orders, and even social promotion can be hugely beneficial at this time.
A few other initiatives that we want to highlight include:
- Governor Mills’ Maine Helps page
- The University of Maine Office of Innovation and Economic Development’s Resources for Maine businesses page
- The University of Maine Cooperative Extension’s Maine Farm and Seafood Products Directory
- Marketing agency Helm Digital/First Pier’s Maine Open Online, a website to support small business
- #WeAreMaineStrong has over 700 listings for Maine businesses you can support
- The Feed and Care Bank, an ongoing program of the Maine State Society for the Protection of Animals, offers temporary financial assistance for Maine horse owners in need, allowing horses to remain in loving, healthy homes and avoid other intervention.
- Our frequently updated Takeout + Delivery Guide
If you know of any other resources or guides that are helping Maine small businesses, please let us know.